With offices in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor, Associates in Family Medicine (AFM) is the largest locally owned medical group in Northern Colorado. For more than 50 years, AFM has served the health care needs of Northern Colorado families – delivering local, compassionate care to every body to ease every mind.
As a medical practice, AFM is always on the lookout for techniques and treatments that will help patients stay healthy and, whenever possible, make it easier to manage their health care. And while the existing website compiled valuable information, the way in which that information was conveyed didn’t always reflect the warm and welcoming approach AFM providers are known for.
After a series of collaborative meetings with AFM administrators and staff to identify the goals for the new and improved site, we prioritized the following objectives:
- Refresh the design to better align with the current AFM brand
- Provide a more user-centric design and navigation solution that better addresses customer needs
- Build a robust, integrated directory to make the search for a doctor, location, or specific service – as well as class and event schedules – more user-friendly and intuitive
- Support ongoing marketing efforts by adding promotional panels, integrated content throughout, and dedicated service pages (e.g., Active Living & Sports Medicine)
- Simplify the career listings and give position openings greater prominence for improved recruiting
- Improve the user experience and search engine optimization (SEO) by:
- Integrating What The Health blog content into the website
- Cross-linking content throughout the site wherever relevant
- Provide better editorial control for more streamlined updating
- Improve security by building on latest platforms with up-to-date plugins
- Design responsively so the site performs well on any device
In addition to the complete rebuild of the site, we launched it at a new domain: AFMnoco.com (previously AFMfc.com). Chosen to more accurately represent the Northern Colorado regional presence, the new domain also better aligns with the AFM social media account names (e.g., @AFMnoco on Twitter and Instagram).
- Drove greater engagement in the website’s debut week, with traffic up 22 percent
- Dramatically improved SEO, making it easier for users to find Associates in Family Medicine as well as providers, clinic and urgent care locations, and specific services they’re interested in
- A broader and deeper repository of engaging blog content that shares helpful information, healthy recipes, and other condition-specific resources
- Revamped navigation that puts the user in the driver’s seat and gets them to their destination in three or fewer “clicks”