the bonfire effect.
A thriving creative branding and marketing agency, Bonfire Effect boasts a passionate team of problem solvers who put in the work to ignite our clients’ brands—whether that’s a local nonprofit or large global technology company. We’re a diverse crew of folks who start fires. Not literally (though we do have an annual Bonfire bonfire), but the ones that spark change and illuminate new opportunities. We work smart, play hard, and live with passion. Some of us love websites, some love email campaigns, some love PowerPoint (J/K, no one loves PPT). Some of us love videos of raccoons eating with their little hands. We don’t judge. We embrace our differences and look for ways to fuel each other’s interests. And you’re in luck; we’re currently looking to add an account manager to the family.
Pull up a chair. Let’s start something.
As one of our star-studded Account Managers (AM), you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the Bonfire Effect mission of helping companies fuel business growth by attracting, engaging, and maintaining customers while creating authentic, successful, God-honoring relationships. Your support role in this mission involves maintaining and growing fruitful relationships with our clients, employees, and suppliers on an ongoing and project basis. Additionally, you’ll manage the day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts. And since we’re not a top-heavy, ego-driven agency, you’re welcome (and encouraged) to jump in and help with whatever feeds your personal fire.
The AM has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below):
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develops workable budgets, work plans, and realistic timetables
- Collaborates with the Account Director (AD) and Creative Director (CD) to prepare marketing recommendations, strategies, and actions for the client
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates brand, strategy output, creative deliverables, discovery reports, and client insights as they relate to the client’s needs and objectives
- Defines project scope, estimates, and writes proposals; works with AD and Project Managers (PMs) to create project specifications, assignment briefs, and time plans
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides leadership and oversight for assigned PMs, account coordinators (ACs), and marketing interns
- Monitors and enforces budget, scheduling, and production activity on assigned accounts and communicates project status to the agency and client personnel in order to meet project deadlines within scope
- Communicates with agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow, escalating exceptions and client issues to Director level as necessary
- Educates clients and manages their needs and expectations; knows how to deny repeated requests to add more text or make the logo bigger :)
- Champions internal systems and processes for higher productivity
- Manages client projects from start to finish with the support of ACs and PMs, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines and budgets
- Provides and maintains project status – liaising with development teams, designers, and contractors to provide accurate updates
- Ensures quality, testing, and reviewing of output and deliverables against scope
- Sources assets from clients, other agencies, and third-party suppliers
- Facilitates direct contact and/or insulates our team from direct contact on an as-needed basis
- Manages long-term properties, including positioning development, marketing plans, timeline and roadmap planning, analytics analysis, and reporting
- Chases invoices and escalates as needed
Marketing & Sales
- Seeks new opportunities to add value to existing clients
- Networks online and offline to find new business opportunities
- Leads and manages new business presentations, SOWs, and estimates as assigned
- Arranges sales and creative presentations and meetings
- Supports blog and social post creation when client workload permits
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, PR, or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in account or marketing management, or related field
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions, especially those that involve adult beverages, pizza, or chocolate (although our snack room also offers unsalted nuts if that’s more your speed)
- General knowledge of website design and build process
- Well-versed in planning campaigns across multiple platforms
- Strong project management abilities; ability to “keep all the plates in the air”
- Great client-facing experience
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while coordinating assigned teams and projects
- Willing to lead clients, teams, and vendors with humility and servitude (we’re OK with apologizing when we make mistakes)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be willing and able to serve as beer Sherpa on occasion
Experience with the following:
- SmartSheet, Excel, or other Google Sheets; able to sustain spreadsheet engagement for longer than 15 minutes without losing consciousness
- Project management tools (e.g., Basecamp, Timely, Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.)
- Marketing automation tools including Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot, and/or Salesforce
- Social media strategy and management, including Facebook Ads Manager and scheduling tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.
22 vacation and personal days and 12 holidays
(including the entire week of Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)
Competitive Salary + Bonuses
HOW TO APPLY.
The usual: Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bonus points for including a GIF or meme that effectively captures who you are or what you’re into (as long as it’s mostly SFW).